Recipes New and Old

http://virginia-grandmashashhouse.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

DRIP DRY

Today is Wednesday, November 12, 2009. I'm doing washing of clothes, etc.

Have you heard the latest. Since the age of drying clothes outside on a clothes line has expired for the most part, most of us are using automatic clothes dryers to dry our clothing. Seems the machine age is here. We use an automatic dishwasher to clean dishes, an automatic vacuum to sweep our carpet and many other things that do the work for us.

If this keeps up, soon we will able to have a remote by our comfortable, electrically charged massage recliner to do just about everything.

Take this for instance:

I have a dog: push a button to open the door so IT goes outside unaided by other than IT'S four legs and another to allow IT to come back in.

And to feed IT, another button on the remote opens the feed box, pours out the specified amount, then closes it until another button is pushed tomorrow. But what about the water? That one is easy, Go to your favorite Mart store, but a 3 gallon container which has a bowl attached to the bottom. The water flows from the container into the bowl and the dog is watered. Now, I didn't mention giving IT a bath. That's another story.

Has anybody and I'm sure you have, noticed that you don't touch anything but the water when using a public bathroom. Just stick your hands under a faucet and ??????? comes a stream of water unaided by human hands.

That done, there must be a way to dry those hands other than shaking the water off. Right? Well, just look on the wall, there is a shiny machine that has a downward spout attached. Just stick your hands under neath that spout and out comes some warm drying air. But be cautious, stick your head under the spout first to see how many germs from other sources have found a home in the gadget's filter.

Oh well, since I have drip dried my hands and my face, fed my dog, washed and dried my clothe there comes a time when you need to drip dry the whole body. Such is the case RIGHT NOW. bathtub here I come.

If you hear a scream, you will know that something invisible was lodged in the water pipes. Oh Dear, what IS that?

I think I've said enough about the modern day age of machinery.
HAVE A NICE DAY!

No comments:

Post a Comment