Recipes New and Old

http://virginia-grandmashashhouse.blogspot.com/

Thursday, December 3, 2009

THE SLED


YOU MAY WISH ME MERRY CHRISTMAS, I WON'T BE OFFENDED.

AS THE WORLD TURNS, THERE IS STILL FAITH THAT OUR PRAYERS WILL BE ANSWERED.
From a Friend:
Sled Ride
.
It was the day after Christmas. The pastor of the church went outside to shovel the new fallen snow from the church steps. As he looked over at the nativity scene in the front of the church he suddenly noticed that the baby Jesus was missing from among the figures. Immediately he stopped shoveling and, in a slight panic, began looking around the area for the figure.

As the pastor rounded the corner of the church, he saw a little boy with a sled, and in the sled was the figure of the little baby Jesus.
So he walked up to the boy and said, "Well, where did you get Him, my fine friend?"

The little boy innocently looked up at the pastor and replied, "I got him from the church."

"And why did you take him?"

The boy said, "Well, about a week before Christmas I prayed to the little Lord Jesus and I told him if he would bring me a new sled for Christmas I would give him a ride in it."

The blessings of Jesus be with you this Christmas, New Years and always.

Virginia

1 comment: