Recipes New and Old

http://virginia-grandmashashhouse.blogspot.com/

Wednesday, December 9, 2009

When the World Turns, Today

Hello again.

Seems I have a little time away from my quilting now. Just finished the 3rd one this morning. WHAT A RELIEF! Now to straighten up from all the mess I made and keep crocheting on the Bedspread. Have lots of inches to go on it yet. Need to do about 3 or more rows per day.

Today the weather outside is frightful. Saturday night and Sunday, we had about an inch of snow. For the most part it melted very soon after falling. Starting Monday night sometime during the night, started snowing again, just some flurries. Yesterday, Tuesday was a different story. Started flurries during the night Tuesday AM, then got heavier as the day progressed until last night, it had warmed up and was raining. In between the raindrops, it turned to ice and we had a nice coating of sleet on the ground. Then it snowed again and is still doing something. Don't even want to look out. I'll start sprinkling some snow & ice melt little by little so I can get to the mailbox and that will be the extent of my traverse outside.

I really hope all is well where you people live. Been watching the weather, some of you are really being hit with bad snow. Reno looked like it was half covered in snow according to some on-line pictures I saw.

Well, for now, that is all. I'm looking for an online picture of winter in my town that I took a couple of years ago. Somebody put in on a web site. See you later.

so: Merry Christmas-you can say Merry Christmas to me and I won't be offended.
Happy Hanauka to my granddaugter and her family.
To you who don't like Merry Christmas just remember, you got here somehow, not
totally by injection.

No comments:

Post a Comment